Managing Acne Scars
Ask Dr Rui Ming Ho about:
- What are the different types of acne scars
- What causes post-inflammatory pigmentation and how to get rid of it
- How many sessions are required for a successful acne scar treatment
- Cost of acne scar treatment in Singapore
- Are oral medications recommended to eliminate acne scars
- What is the recovery period like if you start on acne scar treatment
- Advantages and disadvantages of various acne scar treatments
- Best treatments for boxcar, rolling and ice pick acne scars
- How to get rid of PIH
As the Medical Director for M-Aesthetic Clinic, Dr Ho brings with him a wealth of experience and qualifications, combined with a deep passion for all things aesthetics related. In addition, he has an avid and special interest in the latest thread lift procedures and acne scar treatments. He was invited as a guest trainer for the Thread Lift Masterclass organised by the American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine and is skilled at using different types of threads such as Silhouette Soft, PDOs, Korean threads, PLLA etc.
Hi there, From your photo, you do have rolling scars and some box scars. I would recommend a combination of subscision (+/- collagen stimulators), fractional CO2 lasers and fillers. Multiple sessions will be required for your case with an interval of at least 4 weeks. Results do depend on a sufficient number of treatment sessions and in addition, these treatments are largely operator-dependent as there can be literally hundreds of settings for each laser, the manner in which the laser beams are administered to the scar, coverage, etc.