What should I do next if I have an outbreak of rash all over my body? (photo)

Doctor's Answers 1

Sorry to hear about the bad flare of your rashes. The rash does appear to be like eczema and it is rather extensive, so I would advice that you see a doctor or dermatologist to get a proper assessment of the rash to determine the cause of the rash and management.

It will be important to identify if there are any triggers or precipitating factors for the rash such as oral medications, infections and products used.

In the meantime, you can use some gentle cleansers for bathing and moisturize the skin regularly. Also avoid scratching and rubbing the areas as this can aggravate the rash. Some oral antihistamines to relief the itch my be useful.

Similar Questions

What should I do for extremely dry skin not responding to moisturisers?

It appears that you are experiencing eczema that is not responding to your moisturiser regime. These are a couple of steps you can try to improve your condition: 1. Emollients You can consider using a water-based one like Cetaphil as the base moisturiser, and then add on a protective oil-based moisturizer like paraffin. This is particularly important for cold, dry climates. 2. Exfoliation A very gently done exfoliation with a sponge can help remove the keratinised layer of skin, and improve the moisturising effect of the emollients. Don’t overdo it. Once a week is safe. 3.

Photo of Dr Winston  Lee

Answered By

Dr Winston Lee


Could I have eczema if I have a red, scaly rash around my mouth?

Your description sounds typical of angular cheilitis, which is a fairly common inflammatory condition affecting the corners of your mouth. It can be caused by several things, eczema being one of them. It could also simply be due to dry, chapped lips. Occasionally, it can be caused by a type of infection due to bacteria, yeast, or virus. Depending on the underlying cause, it may persist indefinitely if you don’t seek help from a doctor. GPs will be able to start you of with the right treatment, and they may refer you to see a dermatologist if necessary.

Photo of Human

Answered By


Ask any health question for free

I’m not so sure about a procedure...

Ask Icon Ask a Question

Join Human

Sign up now for a free Human account to get answers from specialists in Singapore.

Sign Up

Get The Pill

Be healthier with our Bite-sized health news straight in your inbox