How can TCM help with persistent skin rash and itchiness?

Doctor's Answers 1

Thank you for your interest in TCM and I am sorry to hear about your experience.

Firstly, there are various reasons which can cause skin rashes and itch. If it is due to something you wear, you might be suffering from contact dermatitis, which is an allergic reaction to certain materials or chemicals.

I will need a physical consultation with you( to assess your skin, collect medical history, pulse-taking etc) before I can advise you further. I have personally managed many chronic skin conditions such as eczema and urticaria which have yielded positive results.

Chronic itch (presented as dry, flaky and thickened) is usually attributed to Blood deficiency, which can be treated with herbal prescription with acupuncture.

I do hope you will feel better soon!

Jin Shun

Similar Questions

How do I know if I’m having steroid withdrawal symptoms?

Thank you for posting a question. This is a complex question, which warrants proper questioning and examination by a qualified doctor. Any answer we give here will be difficult to answer your question with proper justice. Depending on your weight, 20mg of prednisolone is usually considered low dose and it is usually not expected to have these side effects especially when the course is so short as well. (perhaps you can consider to see a doctor to check if you have other medical problems) Most of your symptoms are non specific, and as such answers will probably be non specific as well.

Photo of Dr Paul Ang

Answered By

Dr Paul Ang

General Practitioner

What could be causes of red rashes that appear after jogging?

What you’ve described is likely to be urticaria (or hives), induced by exercise/sweating/heat in this instance. It can occur at any age. The itchy rash tends to appear on your front, back, and chest, as you’ve described. I believe that the colloquial term for this is “feng mo”. Urticaria/hives is very common, and usually goes away on its own. If it persists after your exercise, you can see a doctor to prescribe anti-histamine tablets, which are very helpful in getting rid of the itch and rash.

Photo of Human

Answered By


Ask any health question for free

I’m not so sure about a procedure...

Ask Icon Ask a Question

Join Human

Sign up now for a free Human account to get answers from specialists in Singapore.

Sign Up

Get The Pill

Be healthier with our Bite-sized health news straight in your inbox