- Dip Ven(UK)
Dr Lim completed his MBBS at the University of London, UK in 1978. Following after, he obtained his MRCP in 1980 and underwent specialist training in Dermatology at the St John's Institute of Dermatology, King's and St Thomas School of Medicine in London.
At present, Dr Lim runs a private dermatology practice K B LIM SKIN CLINIC PTE LTD which he started in 1988 and treats all types of medical and cosmetic skin disorders including acne, eczema, pigmentation, and psoriasis. He offers a full range of treatments, including radiofrequency, dermal fillers and botulinum toxin injections. Before that, he was a visiting consultant and specialist in the National Skin Centre for around 3 years.
His clinical interest includes lasers for the treatment of pigmentary disorders and laser hair removal. also, his clinical experience in treating thousands of acne patients in London and Singapore gave inspiration and led to a publication of his book "No more pimples: a self-care guide", "Safer Sex and No More Pimples: A Self-Care Guide and a novel", "Steps to Skin Beauty: A Dermatologist's Guide", "Hair Problems: Everyone has them" and "21st Century Slaves". Dr. Lim loves to write ad has published many research papers and international peer-reviewed journals as well as several books.
Dr Lim developed the CSB stain, which is now routinely used as a fungal strain in Concorde Hospital, New South Wales, Australia. Also, his interest in the health-promoting effects of anti-oxidants led to the development of the Ferric Reducing Capacity (FRC) assay. He also developed his skincare range under the MD Derma® label.
Contact Dr Kah Beng Lim
- Spider veins and telangiectasias
- Microlaser peeling and fractional lasers, chemical peels, sub-scission and fillers for depressed scars
- Microdermabrasion, laser toning, chemical peels, BBL (BroadBand Light)
- Laser hair removal
- Age spots, pigmentation, tattoos, spider veins and birthmarks
- Laser treatment
- Laser skin resurfacing
- Tattoo removal
- Q-switched laser
- Pigmentation, age spots, freckles
- Lasers and chemical peels
- Sagging skin, jowls, double chin
- Non-ablative fractional lasers, RF (radiofrequency) and HIFU (Highly Intense Ultrasound)
- Dynamic wrinkles, frown lines and hyperhidrosis
- Volume loss, jowls, tear troughs and wrinkles
- Voluminization, hydration, contouring, and redefinition
- Photoageing and dull/sallow complexion
- Chemical peels, BBL (BroadBand Light), laser resurfacing, microlaser peeling, fractional lasers
- Including acne, eczema, psoriasis, etc.
- All skin problems